At Elite DNA Therapy Services, we provide comprehensive care and customized treatment planning for children, adolescents and adults. Through our whole person/whole family approach to psychotherapy and support, our trained and licensed therapists can help people to overcome a wide variety of psychological issues.
The LCSW acts as an advocate and helps patients gain access to resources, while addressing diverse issues such as mental illness, addiction, and trauma.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in developing and implementing clinical procedures and guidelines.
- Utilizes current research findings to support clinical social work services best practices on an ongoing basis.
- Actively participates in staff meetings and case presentations.
- Assists in supervising Care Coordinators during initial intakes.
- Provides supervision and consultation to staff and student interns, as appropriate.
- Provides patient-centered therapy interventions with an emphasis on patient involvement as an integral part of the treatment team.
- Utilizes the electronic medical record to document patient screenings, psychosocial assessments, progress, and referral information and completes documentation within the agency’s required timelines.
- Assists in the process of advocacy for patients’ access to community resources.
- Collaboratively develops treatment plans including input from the patient, families, treatment team members and other agencies, as appropriate.
- Coordinates and communicates with the treatment team to provide the best care to patients.
- Uses multiple interventions such as group, individual and family therapy to assist patients in meeting their identified goals.
- Demonstrates sensitivity to diversity issues in the assessment and treatment of patients.
- Demonstrates respect for the inherent dignity and worth of the patients.
- Actively monitors patient progress towards goals and addresses termination/discharge related issues, providing outside referrals at discharge/termination, as appropriate.
*Competitive compensation and benefits package
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the ability to effectively work independently and in a team environment. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Excellent interpersonal skills. Sensitive to diverse populations including those with hearing and/or vision deficiencies. Requires proven professionalism and the ability to deal effectively with patients, families, and a variety of internal and external resources.
Education & Experience:
- Master’s degree in Social Work from an accredited institution required.
- Fluency in Spanish desired
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Active Clinical Social Work License by the State of Florida.