Come grow with us! Elite DNA Behavioral Health is one of Florida’s largest providers of behavioral and mental health services – and we’re expanding quickly! We believe in providing high-quality, accessible patient care and a supportive environment for our team to grow professionally.
We aim to hire you – the best talent – to support our mission and allow you to grow with us.
Elite DNA Behavioral Health is hiring a Medical Coding Enhancement Specialist to join our team in the Fort Myers office.
SUMMARY: This position is important in delivering comprehensive treatment to our patients, along with maintaining federal and state governmental regulations and guidelines. The Medical Coding Enhancement Specialists’ role is to train new and current providers on our coding processes, as well as quality check/assure all medical coding is accurate for insurance billing. The Medical Coding Enhancement Specialist should have strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to preserve continuously shifting treatment plans in differing states of completion.
Additionally, anyone in this position will be asked to help monitor and correct the claims of assigned providers.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
1. Collaborate in the training of new and current providers
· Medical Coding
· Missing Slips
2. Review imputed codes for new and current providers
· Accurate medical coding
· Tracking medical coding corrections
· Provider continuing education in areas of needed improvement
3. Drop claims for new and current providers
· First 90 days of employment for new providers
· Ongoing for providers in need of additional support
4. Communicate with providers regarding all deficiencies in their patient files
· Missing or lacking treatment plans
· Missing, lacking, or error coding for treatment plans
· Correction of documentation in the encounter or in the treatment plan
5. Maintain treatment plan digital archive
· Reviewing treatment plan errors
· Reviewing past treatment plans
· Organizing and categorizing treatment plans
· Transposing treatment plans once completed
6. Run reports to locate patients in need of treatment plans
7. Maintain a highly accurate running list of treatment plans – including development and review
8. Follow up on daily requests for treatment plans
· Completion of the treatment plan
· Billing of the treatment plan
9. Communicate with providers regarding the completion of collaborative treatment plans
10. Review patient coverage of insurance
11. Other related duties as required
1. Excellent interpersonal skills with patients and coworkers
2. Well-versed in HIPAA Guidelines to ensure the protection of patient information
3. Advanced knowledge of CPT codes and modifiers
4. Ability to work on deadlines and balance multiple inquiries
5. Experienced in using Microsoft Excel and other general office products and equipment, such as computers, copiers, fax machines, and phones
6. Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
7. Excellent problem-solving ability
8. Ability to multi-task and dual process
9. Ability to interact positively with others in person and through phone, e-mail, and written correspondence
10. High level of attention to detail, ability to notice minor issues or inconsistencies
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. High school graduate/GED
2. Knowledge and experience using Microsoft Office products
3. Thorough knowledge of insurance carrier billing and reimbursement, CPT, and modifiers
The physical demands described here represent those an individual must meet to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Ability to stand and sit for periods of time and to move constantly throughout the workday.
2. Ability to push, pull, lift, move, and/or carry up to 15 lbs.
This position earns competitive compensation plus a full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, annual PTO of 15 days with tenure recognition incentives, one additional paid day for your birthday, and an Employee Assistance Program. We also offer opportunities for growth and a great team atmosphere that empowers you to seek better ways to deliver service and take ownership of outcomes in providing quality service and support.
To apply, visit www.elitedna.com/careers