- Assist Speech and Language Pathologists in conducting screenings and/or assessments of language, voice, fluency, articulation, or hearing. (without clinical interpretation of results).
- Implement treatment plans or protocols as directed by Speech and Language Pathologists.
- Assist Speech and Language Pathologists in the remediation or development of speech and language skills.
- Collect and compile data to document students’ performance and/or assess program quality.
- Document students’ progress toward meeting established goals and objectives.
- Assist with informal documentation as directed by the Speech and Language Pathologist.
- Assist with clerical duties such as preparing materials and scheduling activities as directed by the Speech and Language Pathologist.
- Perform checks and maintenance of speech aids, devices, and equipment as needed.
- Support the Supervising Speech and Language Pathologist in research projects, in-- service training, and public relations programs.
- Manage time efficiently, follow schedule and inform appropriate personnel of departures from schedule.
- Exhibit compliance with regulations, reimbursement requirements, and Speech and Language Pathology Assistant’s job responsibilities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with ability to engage and work closely with a wide range of staff members (educators, school administrators, senior management).
- Commitment and passion for Elite DNA Therapy Services’ mission, vision, and goals.
- Thrive in a fast--paced, dynamic work environment.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
- Completion of the following:
- Completed course work and training specific to speech--language pathology assistant job responsibilities and workplace behaviors (must be through a program accredited by ASHA).
- Completed field work under the supervision of an ASHA--certified Speech and Language Pathologist.
- Ability to demonstrate the skills necessary for fulfilling the job responsibilities of a Speech and Language Pathology Assistant.
- Applicant will have to successfully complete a verification of technical proficiency as evaluated by an ASHA certified Speech and Language Pathologist within the scope of their interview/evaluation process.
- Associate’s degree required; Bachelor’s preferred