Come grow with us! Elite DNA Behavioral Health is one of the largest providers of behavioral and mental health services in Florida – and we’re expanding quickly! We believe in providing high-quality, accessible care to our patients and a supportive environment that allows our team to grow professionally.
Our goal is to hire you – the best talent – to support our mission and allow you to grow with us.
We thrive on a mutual goal of providing excellent care to our patients through our comprehensive care services and collaborative culture. Elite DNA is the pioneer of the care coordination approach to mental health, where all patients are matched with their ideal services and providers prior to receiving direct care. Our team is at the forefront of providing leading-edge therapy services – from psychotherapy to psychiatry – to specialized programs such as psychosocial rehabilitation, EMDR, and group therapy.
Everything we do here at Elite DNA is guided by integrity and compassion for our patients and employees.
When you join the Elite DNA team, you’ll feel proud to be a part of the group that helps children, adults, and families in our communities live better lives.
Elite DNA Behavioral Health is seeking to hire a part-time Teacher for the BHDS classroom to join our team in our Fort Myers, Florida office.
The BHDS teacher will lead students toward the fulfillment of their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth in a safe and cost-effective manner that supports the goals of the BHDS program.
- Plan individually or cooperatively a program of study that meets the individual needs, interests, diverse backgrounds, and abilities of students.
- Assist in establishing department or grade-level curriculum objectives and the development of the comprehensive plan for the implementation and evaluation of the objectives.
- Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of students.
- Guide the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and, in harmony with the goals, establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, projects, and the like to communicate these objectives to students.
- Employ instructional methods and materials that are most appropriate for meeting stated objectives.
- Assess the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provide progress reports as required.
- Diagnose the learning strengths and weaknesses of students on a regular basis, seeking the assistance of BHDS Director as deemed appropriate.
- Counsel with colleagues, students, and/or parents on a regular basis.
- Assist administration in implementing all policies and/or rules governing student life and conduct and, for the classroom, develop reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedures and maintain order in the classroom in a fair and just manner.
- Plan and supervise purposeful assignments for support personnel and school volunteers to work cooperatively and evaluate their effectiveness.
- Use appropriate technology in teaching and the learning process.
- Maintain accurate, complete, and correct records and reports as required by law.
- Adhere to the Code of Ethics of the Education Profession in Florida and meet all school and District policy requirements.
- Support school improvement initiatives by actively participating in school activities, services, and programs.
- Participates in treatment team meetings.
- Makes programmatic and administrative recommendations to the DSCG and BHDS Director in accordance with the program goals and objectives.
- Ensure program services are meaningful and promotes a learning environment for patients.
- Providing oversight and accountability for all patients entering, discharging, and coordinating for successful completion of the program to reintegrate back in school.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Valid Florida teaching certificate covering appropriate area of responsibility.
- Proven experience successfully managing business/department functions and staff preferred.
- Industry certification preferred.
- Experience with youth with behavioral issues in academic settings.
- Good organizational skills and administrative abilities.
This position earns competitive compensation plus a full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, annual PTO of 15 days with tenure recognition incentives, one additional paid day for your birthday and Employee Assistance Program. We also offer opportunities for growth, as well as a great team atmosphere that empowers you to seek better ways to deliver service and take ownership of outcomes in providing quality service and support.