The Medical Collector communicates with insurance companies and governmental entities to ensure maximum payment in a timely manner. Review and handle all correspondence from insurance companies and patients.
Essential Duties & Responsibilites:
- Works the insurance aging report
- Calls the individual insurance companies whose balances are past due and follow through with any research, re-filing, etc. that needs to be done to obtain maximum payment.
- Communicates with insurance companies by telephone to determine reason for delay in payment.
- Answer patient questions regarding their balance.
- Filing appeals with insurance companies
- Posting appropriate non-payment from insurance companies
- Document all communications with patients and insurance companies
- Sorts, scans and file correspondence
JOB DESCRIPTION CLAUSE
Describes the general nature and work being performed and are not to be construed as an exhaustive
list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees. This is subject to change at the discretion
of the employer.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to fluently speak, write and understand English
- Self-starter with good organizational skills
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communications skills
- No less than 2 years of experience working in collections/billing in the healthcare field
- General knowledge of procedure and diagnosis coding.
- Experience with Microsoft office, Excel, Word.
- Experience with Intergy medical billing system
CONFIDENTIAL AND SENSITIVE INFORMATION:
- Must properly control and release of proprietary and confidential information