Description Job Summary
As Front Desk Receptionist with Elite DNA Therapy, your primary responsibility is the daily supervision of the receptionist’s staff. To ensure all team members are greeting incoming patients and visitors, relaying incoming telephone calls, and performing various clerical duties in a professional manner.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Welcome patients as they contact the center personally or by telephone, and explain the services available, payment categories, and billing procedures.
- Schedule appointments; direct walk-in patients and emergencies as per established policies and procedures.
- Answer all incoming calls and route them to the appropriate staff.
- Register all patients per registration protocols and collect all documentation.
- Generate required documents for each patient and ensure all documents are completed in full.
- Reviews and verifies patient coverage of insurance or other agencies and computes the charges to be paid by the patient.
- Collects deposits or co-pays/deductibles prior to the patient being seen by the provider per established policies and procedures.
- Inform patient of their outstanding balance, collect said balance, and issue cash receipt when monies are collected.
- Work closely with Provider and Medical Assistant staff to assure smooth patient flow and cut down on waiting time.
- Call and remind patient of his/her appointment.
- Follow up on “no show” patients on a daily basis.
- Communicate patient’s problem/complaint to the clinic manager or his/her designee.
- Strong sensory skills, such as visual acuity, good hearing, and dexterity.
- Ability to stand and sit for periods of time and to move constantly throughout the workday.
- Work closely with Clinic Managers and refer them to patients who did not keep their appointment for follow-up, per policies and procedures.
- Good speaking and listening skills.
- Knowledge of computers and Microsoft office.
- Understanding of community based organizations.
- Promotes and believes in Elite DNA’s mission statement.
- Bilingual Preferred: Fluent in Spanish.
- Friendly personality with the desire to work with the public.
- Ability and willingness to treat all patients with the utmost kindness and consideration in the most trying situations.
- Ability to handle multi-functions.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced office environment.
- Ability to push, pull, lift, move, and/or carry up to 15 lbs.
- Ability to perform focused work with close attention to detail.
- Ability to operate office equipment, including computers, copiers, fax machines, phones plus, the ability to type at least 35 wpm.
- Ability to interact with others, both in person and through phone, e-mail, and written correspondence.
- Ability to relate to patients, through familiarity with medical terminology and triage procedure.
- Ability to relate to the public regardless of ethnic, religious and economic status.
- Ability to communicate with people and understand their problems.
- Must believe in health care with dignity for all.
Education and Experience Required:
- High school graduate/GED.
- Formal training from a vocational school in lieu of the above.
- One year of medical experience from a similar setting.
The physical demands described here are representative of those an individual must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.