- Room patients to obtain patient history and reason for seeking care.
- High proficiency of general medical office procedures including HIPAA regulations.
- Demonstrate and apply knowledge of medical terminology.
- Handle new patient calls.
- Complete biopsychosocial assessments.
- Make appointment reminder calls to patients.
- Follow-up on calls to new patients.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Assist staff when needed.
- Must be organized and document work processed as required.
- Maintain professional appearance and personal conduct at all times.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with providers, staff and management.
- Effectively cope with typical job stress.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Psychology or Social Work.
- Minimum of one-year related experience.
Licenses and Certifications: None
- Bilingual Preferred
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- Excellent attention to detail, problem-solving and customer service
- Must demonstrate positive interpersonal relationship skills with individuals and groups in a wide variety of settings
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to patients, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Effectively uses Electronic Health Records
- Typing Skills: 45 WPM
- Proficient of Windows, and Microsoft Word